10 Reflection Questions to Help You Process Your Growth
Change is inevitable—but when it’s accompanied by a season of hardship, it can be hard to fully understand how that change is impacting your everyday life.
Making time to reflect and reset—especially on the heels of grief, trauma and increased stress—can be a difficult but rewarding part of your self-care routine.
“When we are able to reflect on our past experiences we can better understand how we survived the difficult moments,” Bisma Anwar, LMHC shared with Shine. “That way we can acknowledge that we are strong and resilient. This helps us feel empowered to face the challenges in our lives.”
Host Jamila Reddy dove into this topic in the latest Reflect and Reset meditation, now available in the Shine app. Listen for an exercise to honor the journey you’ve had and savor how you’ve grown through it—then make your way through the reflection questions below to help you process how resilient you are.
1. What lessons have you learned from the past year?
2. In what ways areas of your life do you feel like you’ve grown?
3. What wisdom did you pull out of the misfortune you were in?
4. What would you do differently now, having coped with and survived as you did?
5. How did it put me in touch with what truly matters to me?
6. What can you let go of that no longer serves you?
7. Who are the people that have supported you as you’ve grown?
8. What positive qualities within me have been strengthened by my life experiences?
9. How can you treat yourself with compassion during intense periods of growth?
10. How can you honor your growth?
Shine is supported by members like you. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. See our affiliate disclosure for more info.